Absolutes Are Evil

Sunday, October 03, 2004

To dune in the moon...

Sadly I think that no matter where we live, it is usually visitors who seem to take most advantage of the treasures that surrounding us. When we travel, we put on our exploratory hats and look for the wonders of the place, but how often do we do this at home? I was once recounting to my family all of the neat things that my wife Natalie and I saw and did in Tucson, AZ when my brother Sterling piped in that he had lived there for while and hadn't done any of those things.
Rant aside, I am ceaselessly amazed at the things there are to see and do here in Utah. Friday night we took the scouts for a quick overnighter to "Little Sahara", a surreal state park less than an hour and a half away from Provo. We got there right at dark, roasted stuff in the fire, fed a hungry fox, and headed off to play night games on the moonlit dunes. A blast, and it only took one night and $8 to get into the park. The park is a hotbed of ATV activity and unfortunately lots of accidents. A ranger said that over holiday weekends they have no fewer than 3 deaths, almost all of which are alcohol related. Goes to show... you booze, you lose. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home